We are 45mins from Cusco and 25 mins from Pisac, near the town of San Salvador in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Peru!
From the airport: You can either take a taxi to the bus station for around 10-15 soles ($3-$5usd) approx. 15mins, or go straight to the farm 50-60 soles ($20usd), approx. 1 hour. Our Eco Yoga Retreat Center is strategically located in the Sacred Valley of Cusco on the shores of the Vilcanota River, one hour south of Cusco by Bus (just pass the village of Vicho). If you are in Cusco, take a taxi to the bus station in Wuayna Capac street #133, to find a bus (combi) that goes to San Salvador. Get off the bus 2 minutes after passing the village of Vicho and 5 minutes before San Salvador (around 60 min. from Cusco). Ask the driver to let you off at the Eco Yoga stop. The bus costs 3 soles. (Please do not come without confirmation of your arrival)
From Pisac: Walk across the bridge towards Cusco, then turn left and walk to the buses (Combis). Get on a bus going to San Salvador (10mins), everyone gets off there. Then get on another bus on the same side of the road going towards Cusco. Tell the driver to drop you off at “EcoYoga,” approx 10 more mins.
Advice: Please do not come to the farm after 5pm since it might be dark and difficult to locate the Ashram.
Those who like to be outside of the crowded cities will enjoy this opportunity to be in pure Nature of the sacred valley of the Incas.
Our ecological center is built with natural adobe houses. Students stay in comfortable shared double rooms all with spectacular views of the surrounding mountains.
We also have a beautiful octagonal meditation center and Yoga Shala on the banks of the Vilcanota River. We have conserved the ecology of the land as all the rooms and social areas have solar energy.Each room has beautiful views of the Andean Mountains and sacred River.
It’s important to pack sunscreen, insect repellent (natural if you can), rain jacket, sweatshirt, hot weather clothes, cold weather clothes, a towel, a sun hat, flashlight, watch and your yoga mat if you have one (we have a few extras), snacks, enough yoga clothes for the training. Days are hot and sunny, and nights can be cold. We do provide bed linen.
The cell phone reception that is available in the area is with a “Bitel” sim card. We also provide two hours of basic internet daily during the yoga courses.
While staying at Sradhavan Eco Yoga Ashram we ask that you follow these simple guidelines to maintain harmony and promote growth and transformation:
· Respect the peaceful atmosphere of the Center by choosing positive actions, words, and attitudes.
· This is a lacto-vegetarian kitchen and home. We ask that you consume No animal products (besides dairy), while on the premises. No meat or eggs on the property.
· This is a 100% alcohol, cigarette, and drug free space. We encourage and invite you to not drink, smoke, drink coffee or take drugs during your stay so you can get the most out of your time here.
· We ask that you take responsibility to treat this space as a temple by maintaining the cleanliness of your room and public spaces. This includes the choice and volume of your music and keeping your personal items out of public spaces.
· All ashram participants agree to contributing at least 30mins daily of SEVA or devotional service.
· Observe noble silence from 9:00 pm until 7:30 am.
· When you’re participating in a program at the ashram you may decide leave the ashram in the afternoons or evenings. We recommend focusing on your yoga retreat and holding to a vegetarian, caffeine free and drug free lifestyle even outside of the Ashram.
·Many of the visitors to Yogendra are seeking spiritual retreat, please respect the individual process by avoiding seeking new romantic relationships during your stay at the ashram.
· If you have any personal problem, difficulty, or issue with anybody at the Center (volunteer, teacher or student) please talk to a staff member as soon as a problem arises. Most instances of difficulties between individuals in a group are generally a case of misunderstanding or miscommunication and can be easily dealt with.